Video, video, video…how many times have you heard you have to use video on your website, in facebook or tweet about them in twitter. I’m sure it’s a million times. The truth is that people do expect to see videos. They like videos made by you (subjective) and videos by your customers (objective). I’ll assume you already have some, but if not, then knowing how to optimize your YouTube videos in advance will be a huge help to you.
1. When you set up your profile page or channel make sure you have links to your website, facebook, twitter or any other social media site you participate in.
2. Make sure that you have included keywords in the title of the video. Not sure what to call it, then do a quick search online and see what people look for, that will give you some ideas – you don’t want anything obscure
3. For every video you upload always include a keyword rich description. This includes the keyword or phrase that you have put in the title as well as your websites URL.
4. Always tag your video with keywords. What is your video about? Remember that people expect to find relevant information to their search term so make sure your keywords match your content
5. Don’t forget to share your video. Allow people to comment and to embed the video on their sites if they want to. Its great for building traffic to your site.
6. YouTube has a captions and annotation feature so that you can add notes, titles or links directly on top of the video. Make use of this option.
7. YouTube also has an analytics feature so keep track of what happens when people view your video. Do they leave quickly or watch the entire video etc.
Most companies do not optimize their videos. It doesn’t matter whether they are in YouTube, Vimeo or some other video sharing site. Get ahead of your competition by following these tips. Optimizing you videos is another great way to drive traffic to your website.